The institute's training courses are mainly offered in three sections: water and wastewater, energy and electrician. Course execution procedure and the list of training courses are presented below:
Course Execution Procedure
Training institute: the institute that executes and manages training courses; here in this guideline it equals to IEHT’s sub-centers
Company: one of the several companies that their personnel receive training; usually one of these companies: (1) Tavanir (2) Water and Wastewater Company, (3) Iran Water Resources Management, (4) Thermal Power Plant Holding;
Note: If the number of participants of a course for a given company is below 15 (or in some cases 10), the training institute sends a letter to other companies and declares the title. If the limitation of 15 (or 10) participants is met, the procedure of course development will commence as follows.
1- Demand Assessment
One of the below methods is followed:
- Most companies prepare and publish an educational calendar for a whole year usually at the beginning of each Persian year (from February to May). In the calendar, courses are suggested on a season-based manner; this calendar is used by the training institute to propose course titles according to the timeline of the company for each season of the year. It should be noted that the main resource for the titles is a long list of courses called 'Nezaam-e-jaame Amoozeshi'. The list is an updated Microsoft Access file available on the webpage of ‘Office of Training, Research, and Technology of Ministry of Energy’ (http://trt.moe.gov.ir/). This file contains the syllabus of each title, too. However, in some cases a title that is proposed is not in the above-mentioned list. In such cases, the topics that are agreed between the company and the instructor are covered in the course.
- Some special courses are demanded by a company based on their special needs. These are asked in a formal letter that sent to the training institute.
- Title is proposed by the training institute and after that the companies decided whether it runs or not.
2- Conformation of the company
If the training institute has suggested the title, the company considers its need and also financial affairs and confirms the proposed course in a formal letter or reject it.
3- Initial steps by the executer
- An executer is assigned for each specific course by one of the specified departments at training institute.
- The executer corresponds with the Educational Manager of the company for getting information about the participants (number, level of training, etc.) and any other requests for the specified course such as a specified instructor.
- The executer corresponds with the relevant instructors. Mostly, the instructor is selected through the database of each department. Sometimes a new person is recommended by the company for the requested course and for such a case, the executer receives the instructor’s brief resume and evaluates it. Also, a copy of the last educational degree is received.
- The CV of the instructor selected by the executer is sent to the company for confirmation. If the instructor is not confirmed, another one will be suggested.
- A contract is prepared by the executer and the instructor is invited to sign it. Tuition is determined based on specified tables available to the instructors.
- The executer asks the Educational Manager of the requesting company either by a formal letter or along with phone call to send the list of participants including names, personnel ID, etc. The exact location and timeline of the course is mentioned in the formal letter sent by the executer.
- Based on the information of the company, a form (Finalization Form) is filled by the executer and sent to the Office of Training Courses of training institute. This means that the course will definitely be held at the determined date. So, the office organizes a class, catering facilities (such as tea, meal, etc.), stationery, and in case of participants or even the instructor from far distance, residence and meals.
- Executer receives any handout, booklet, or CD from the instructor and copies them. Also, if a book should be hand out to the participants, this is the duty of the executer to request its purchase (according to the number of participants) and keeping them for the date of course.
- Executer copies the curriculum (syllabus) of the course and send them to the Office of Training Courses of training institute.
- Executer asks the instructor to prepare a sheet of Pre-test and a sheet of Post-test. These may be typed on a predetermined exam sheet or even be written by the instructor on a piece of paper. Then these are copied by the instructor and sent to the Training Courses Office of educational institute.
- The Educational Manager of the requesting company is responsible for informing the participants about the place where the course is run and the timeline.
4- Duties of the Office of Training Courses of Training institute before the date of course
- Purchasing the following (based on the number determined by the executer):
1. the requested stationery (usually: notebook, pen, A4 sheets, cover, etc.)
2. cake, tea bag, disposable cups, etc.
- preparing any special requirement such as computers, PC projector, etc.
5- At the date of the course
Personnel of the Training Courses Office of training institute are responsible for this stage.
- Participants who come to the office must fill out the Registration Form. In this form some specific information is asked including national ID, phone number (cell phone and work), corresponding company, signature, etc.
- The names are typed in the Attendance Form and the form is given to the instructor to mark it during the course.
- Each participant receives a copy of the syllabus and the stationery (notebook, paper sheets, pen, etc.).
- Pre-test sheets are hand out to the participants and are collected after writing the answers.
- Catering and/or lunch: Normally the courses commence at 8:30 AM and last for about 6-8 hours in a day, based on what has already been agreed between the executer, the instructor, and the company (mentioned in the Finalization Form). There is usually a break time around 10:30-11:00 AM during which participants receive catering service. For some courses that last more than 6 hours, or those with participants from far distance, lunch is organized, too.
- Evaluation: At the last session of the training course the Participants Evaluation Form is hand out in the class and the participants are asked to fill out it. The form aims include two distinct parts: the instructor and the organization of the course. Meantime, the instructor is also asked to complete the Instructor Evaluation Form.
- At the last session of the course, the Post-test sheets are handed out and collected after the completion.
- The Participants Evaluation Forms are delivered to a specified person at educational institute to analyze them and draw a brief summary on a piece of paper. Also, the Instructor Evaluation Form is delivered to this person.
6- After the day of the course
The executer collects all the relevant documents in a folder and send the Course Folder to the Office of Training Courses, including:
- Registration Form completed and signed by the participants
- Attendance Form completed precisely by the instructor
- Results (marks) of Pre-test and Post-test written in the boxes on the Attendance Form
- Result of Participants Evaluation Forms
- A copy of Instructor Evaluation Form
- A copy of the contract signed by the instructor and the head of training institute
- Brief resume of the instructor
- A copy of the last educational degree of the instructor
- Initial correspondence with the company regarding the course requesting
If any of the above documents are not included in the Course Folder, the Office of Training Courses of training institute will return it to the executer for completion.
If the Course Folder includes all the required documentation:
- The Training Courses Office of training institute calculates the course cost according to specified rules.
- Then, the Financial Affairs Office of training institute is informed to issue an Educational Invoice (bill).
- This bill is sent to the requesting company by mail and the company is asked to check the bill and inform the training institute whether they confirm the bill or not.
- If the company confirms the Educational Invoice, the Training Courses Office will print the Certificate of each participant and send them to the company. Training institute is allowed to have only courses with confirmed invoice in its annual performance statistics.
- Training institute needs to contact with the companies to assure they deposit the amount of money of the confirmed invoice to the account of training institute as soon as possible. This account is a governmental account and could not directly be used by training institute. The sooner a company pays the bill, the sooner training institute receives its money to run its casual affairs and also runs other training courses.
- The executer mentions the course title in the list of executed courses. This data is used to show the performance of the department and also could influence the monthly salary of the executer.
- The executer is responsible for following the administrative procedure to assure that the tuition check of the instructor is issued by the Office of Financial Affairs at training institute.
- The Course Folder is put in the archive of the Office of Training Courses of training institute.
Course Execution Procedure Flowchart.
- ARC GIS and its Application in Water Industry
- AUTO CAD
- Water Treatment Lab
- Operation and Maintenance of Wastewater Treatment Plants Systems for Small Communities
- Water& Wastewater Quality Tests
- Water& Wastewater Economical Project Assessment
- Economical Assessment of Water Treatment Plants Projects
- The Basic of Wastewater Treatment Maintenance (Activated Sludge)
- The Application of Industrial Valves in Water and Wastewater Industry
- Operation and Maintenance of Wastewater Collection and Transferring Network
- Operation and Maintenance of Transferring Channel and lines, Tanks and Distribution Network
- Operation and Maintenance of Wastewater Treatment System
- Designing Wastewater Collecting Network
- Maintenance Management and Preventive Maintenance (PM)
- Rehabilitation of Waste Water Collection and Water Distribution Systems
- Hydraulic Laboratory
- Operation & Maintenance of Water Plant
- Cheep Methods for Disposal of Wastewater
- Modern Systems for Water Distribution
- Renewal Engineering of Water Equipments and Apparatus
- The Principle of Design & Operation for Disinfection Systems of Drinking Water
- Nanotechnology In Water and Waste Water Industry
- The Inspection of Water Supply Systems and Leak Detection
- Familiarity With Water and Waste Water Standards and Rules
- Economic Assessment for Non-Revenue Water Projects
- The Effluent Reuse
- Basic Experiments for Water and Waste Water Microbiology
- Waste Water Treatment Laboratory
- Approaches to Reduce Water Consumption
- Corrosion in Water and Wastewater Facilities
- Crisis Management in Water and Wastewater Facilities
- Improvement, Reconstruction, and Repair of Water and Wastewater Networks
- Improving the Operation of Drinking Water Wells
- Instrumentation Applications in Water and Wastewater Industry
- Operation and Maintenance of Wastewater Collection and Treatment Systems
- Operation and Maintenance of Water Transportation Pipelines and Channels, Reservoirs, and Distribution Networks
- Water and Wastewater Recycling and Reuse.
- Advanced Steam Turbine
- Applied Mechanic of Fluid
- Bearing and lubrication
- Combined Cycle Power Plants
- Corrosion of Power Plant Equipment and Preventing Methods
- Electrochemistry and Corrosion
- Energy Management
- Fuel, Combustion and Regarding Corrosion
- Heat Recovery Steam Generator in Combined Cycle Power Plant
- Industrial Corrosion
- Power Plants Thermodynamic
- Pump, Industrial blower & Compressor
- Pumping Station Design
- Steam Power Plant Simulator
- Steam Turbine
- Technical Language
- Thermal Power Plants
- Thermodynamic and Steam Power Plants Cycle
- Troubleshooting of Pumps, Fans & Compressors
- Valves and Steam Traps
- Energy Management- Heat Section
- Energy Management-Electric Section
- Solar Power Plant's Equipment
- The Role of Enviromental Pollution and Energy Control
- Pumps and Their Application
- Maintenance of Centrifugal Pumps
- Power Plant Steam Generators of Power Plant
- Steam Plant Equipment Corrosion Prevention
- Lub and Lubricating in Power Plant
- Operation of a Steam Power Plant
- Fundamental Control Protection of Steam Power Plant
- Principle Maintenance of Battery in Power Plant
- Energy Management in Power Plant
- Electrical Equipment for Thermal Power Plant
- Hydroelectric Power Plant
- Fundamental Control and Protection of Steam Power Plant
- Solar Power Plant Equipment
- Power Plant Steam Generator
- Lubricating & Bearings
- Principle Maintenance of Battery
- Energy Management in Power Sector
- Primary GIS in Transmission and Distribution Systems
- Introduction to the Concept of Smart Electrical Grids
- Advanced Electrical Safety
- Introduction to Power Quality
- Introduction to English Language Specialized Transmission Systems
- Introduction of Relays and Protections in Power Systems
- Transmission Relay and Protection Laboratory
- FACTS Equipment
- Power System Market
- Operation of HV Substations
- Distribution Automation System
- Introduction to Relay and Protection in Distribution Systems
- Advanced Distribution System Protection
- Earthing System in Distribution Network and How to Measure its Resistance
- Load Balancing in Distribution Network
- Elementary DCS (Distributed Control Systems)
- Elementary PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)
- Advanced PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)
- Advanced DCS (Distributed Control Systems)
- Electrical Safety Principles of Power Plants and its Instruction
- Principles of Electric Power Generation and Operation
- Introduction to High-Voltage Substations Automation
- Concrete Technology
- Dispatching and Operation of Power System
- Control and Dispatching of Power Networks
- Introduction to Principles of Operation of Distribution Networks
- Introduction to Professional English in Distribution Sector
- Introduction to Procedure of Measurement Equipment Test
- The Operation of the Distribution Network and Substation
- Distribution Dispatching
- Electrical Energy َAudit
- Introduction to Energy Management and Audit in Buildings
- Energy َAudit in Industries
- Heat Energy َAudit
- Practical Electrical Energy Management
- Practical Heat Energy Management
- Practical General Energy Management
- Dispatching and Communication Equipment
- Power Network Dispatching and Control
- Dispatching and Operation of Power Systems
- Specialized Software for Dispatching
- Dispatching, Communication and Telemetry systems
- Substation Equipment
- Operation of High Voltage Substations
- High Voltage Substations Equipment (Workshop)
- Earthing System
- Maintenance of Power Transmission Lines
- Non – Distractive Testing
- Protection Systems in Electric Network